Hawk & Knife Chiefs BJ & Darcie Neeson
THROWING COMPETITION will be Wed, Thur, & Fri. 10AM-1PM.
All competitors must be registered by 12:45PM.
RANGE CLOSES PROMPTLY AT 1PM.
IF NECESSARY, THROW-OFFS WILL BE AT 1:15PM ON COMPETITION DAYS.
Daily Awards at 1:30PM at Hawk & Knife Range
Cumulative Awards Friday at 2PM at Hawk & Knife Range
PRACTICE on competition days from 9AM until 10AM
- No ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES on the range.
- Cubs 8 and under – Juniors 9-15 – Children 15 and under need adult present.
- The range officer has final say on all matters. Practice throwing at practice targets only. When the range is closed, no one shall enter the range
EQUIPMENT: Both hawk & knife shall be covered by a sheath for safe transport when entering and leaving the range. Covers are preferred while in public areas of the encampment. Tomahawk shall have no more than a four inch overall blade width and shall have a wooden handle. Knife shall be of a design typical for throwing (no kitchen utensils).
- Max width of knife blade 2.5 in.
- Overall length of knife shall not exceed 16 in. and handle shall not exceed one third of the overall length. No machete styles allowed. The knife must have a handle. (leather slabs preferred, no straight metal devices).